Monday, August 04, 2008

A last gasp before I fall asleep at my desk

It's late and I'm still up at a time when I'm usually sleeping and dreaming about new projects that I'm going to make. But I had to get some details organized for the classes that I'm teaching at the Fraser Valley Bead Show. It's almost done...I have the photos to retake again...for some reasons I'm not 'one' with my camera. Come to think of it...I never have been. The photos will have to wait until tomorrow evening when there's still light. It's difficult to pick up on the ambient lighting when it's pitch dark outside. In any event it will also give me the opportunity to take photos of the water casting I did...I finally figured out the formula to getting what I want out of a pour. Sometimes persistence pays off...or is it really just stubbornness...regardless I'm pleased with the work that I did. The tumbler has been going all day with my new projects.

I promised myself...again...this week that I would take all the finished pieces some stores to see if they would consider them. I keep telling myself I need just a few more samples. Anyone else told themselves that story? :-)

I spent Saturday in Gibsons at the home of a good friend of mine...Nicole. It was a play date! I brought all the tools I thought I would need and then some I didn't know if I needed but took just in case plus all the projects that I just might get the urge to work on. I had enough to last me two weeks never mind one day. That's how I pack when I go away too. :-) I did work on a ring that is for a friend of mine but I didn't finish because I didn't bring all the stuff I needed...really! Nicole had a little treasure of beach glass and wonderful little black round stones. She let me take whatever I wanted...even though I told her they were the best. She promised me that she could get more whenever she wanted. She has a secret source that she promised to let me in on next visit.

Okay I've pushed the awake button for the last time...it's the opposite of the snooze button...and I'm literally seeing double. So without proof reading - gasp! - I'm going to post this.

Photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

Barrie said...

Thank you for getting the bead show stuff done!! Much appreciated!!!