Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Can you believe it?

I actually took photos so I could show off what I've been up to. The first one is of the water casting that I did...I hope that you can get an idea of what they look like. It's hard to photograph bright silver if you're good at taking photos...really tough if you are me. :-) Oh and notice the background props...all from our beaches tour. There are kelp root bulbs as the background from Storey Beach in Port Hardy, slate from China Beach on the way to Port Renfrew,and pebbles from San Jose Bay all personally carried by moi. Okay that's a little fib...Fred did most of the packing...I did the picking. Although he is the one who found the wonderful kelp root bulbs.




Actually I just noticed that I cropped them out of these photos...they will be in the next one which is of some rings I've been making and stock piling. You know the ones I keep saying I'll take into stores to see if they will sell them for me. There are three water cast rings. The first one looked like a little nest so I added three silver eggs. The second one has a pinkie peachy fresh water pearl...it's reflected inside the setting which really shows it off. The third is the first one I tried making into a ring and it has a 4 mm faceted peridot in the centre. The other rings are some little stacking ones that I had fun with and a pearl ring that I salvaged from the scrap heap...the ring shank...not the pearl. There is also the 4 gauge 1/2 round silver band with 3 mm cz's...note that there is only one...and it will stay that way until I get a ring bender or some such tool. Big Bertha, my rawhide hammer, really helped but it is not easy wire to work with. The smaller one beside it is an exercise in opposites. It is 8 gauge 1/2 round with 1.5 mm cz's. I've made a few of them...one for Fred...using dark blue sapphires and the rest with cz's.



I just noticed how small the one of the rings is...perhaps I'll break up the image tomorrow so that you can actually see the water casting rings. I'm quite pleased with them.

Again no editing or proofreading. What you see is what you get! :-) I'm getting better at this.

1 comment:

Barrie said...

GREAT water castings (you will share the secret when next we meet, I trust?) Love the beach treasures!! Good thing you had Fred for a pack mule!!! Those kelp bulbs are VERY cool!!